Learning and Growing at GWA
GWA provides a family environment where children are loved and valued:
The student to teacher ratio are as follows:
Nursery: 1 teacher and 1 teaching assistant for 8 students.
Discovery and Pre-K: 1 teacher and 1 teaching assistant for 16 students.
Kinder to 2nd grade: 1 teacher for 20 students.
3rd grade to 12th grade: 24 students
An English Homework Club is offered to children whose parents are not able to help with English classes.
Parents’ opinions are respected and sought through Better Together, a unique Parent- Teacher Association.
Family programs such as parenting seminars, international festivals and talent shows offer regular opportunities to grow as a family.
At GWA, each child’s individuality is developed resulting in self-awareness and strong character:
Over 60 native English-speaking teachers work with students from 39 nationalities to nurture their unique talents.
Character themes are highlighted each month and students are rewarded for demonstrating traits such as self-control, generosity, kindness, respect, gratefulness, honesty and orderliness.
Children blossom in our classrooms where creativity, exploration, and experimentation is encouraged in a safe, nurturing learning environment.
GWA equips students to be young leaders by sponsoring them in the Model United Nations, US-based Leadership Conferences, and grade elections.
“Our young son has blossomed at GWA! His teachers encourage him to find his voice and be confident in his beliefs. This year, he won 5th Grade Class President! We give GWA all the credit.” … Abdel and Houda Zakaria, Managers at National and Multinational Corporations
GWA prepares youth for University success and a confident return to Morocco, self-assured and multilingual:
GWA’s multilingual program is unique because it begins at age 2 with English immersion, then adds the French and Arabic curriculum from age 4 through 18
GWA equips students to be successful and guides them to the university of their choice – both academically and socially – in USA, UK, Europe, ME, or Morocco…
“I highly recommend GWA and its approach to preparing youth for university abroad. My daughter is successful at University in Boston because of what she learned at GWA- working with all nationalities, backgrounds, religions, confident and expressing herself in English on all levels.” … Dr. Malika Keroumy Boulajouahel, Child Psychologist
Did you know … ?
- GWA is fully accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA). http://www.msa-cess.org/ Other schools accredited by the MSA include: the American school in Rabat, the American school in Paris, the American school in London
- GWA students earn the highly valued American High School diploma, which is accepted in universities worldwide. GWA graduates have pursued their studies in the US, Canada, UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia, and in Morocco.
- GWA is included in the historic Moroccan-American Agreement on American Schools. Read Full article Here: Bilateral Agreement. Making it one of the five official American schools in Morocco and one of two officially recognized schools in Casablanca.
- GWA’s American high school diploma has been granted equivalency with the Moroccan baccalaureate, thus allowing graduates to pursue higher education opportunities in Moroccan public and private universities and higher education institutions.
- GWA’s Advanced Placement program enables your student to earn and transfer University credits while still at GWA, saving college tuition and time.
- GWA’s Graduating Class of 2016 was offered approximately $3M in University scholarships and financial aid.